Monday, January 24, 2011

Calling Bellingham Women: Let's Pick up the Pace!

This is a post especially for women local to me - in or near Bellingham, but I hope it serves as an encouragement to all of you who follow this blog, local or not (woman or not).

If you've wanted 2011 to be a year of health, a year of taking good care of yourself, body and mind, check out Carol Frazey's six week Fit for School Walking/Running Program. ALL LEVELS are welcome, so if you can't run because of injury or pain, put on your walking shoes instead; there's no shame in walking. If you do run and simply want to improve your pace or form, this is for you, too!! I can wholeheartedly recommend Carol. She knows what she's doing and she's a supportive listener. Her program is only $97 for the whole six weeks (12 sessions) or $10 to drop in.

If you're not a Bellinghamster, don't fret. Almost every U.S. town has a good running club, a community involved running store or a local branch of USA Fit, the terrific national run/walking training program. I've heard from lots of readers who are training for a marathon or half-marathon this year. Look for a schedule that works for you and let's get started!!

2 comments:

Melody McCullough said...

Cami, I wanted you know how much your book inspired me. I recently came into running...well, really it's "wogging"(a combination of jogging and walking). I have been toying with the idea of a "wogging" a marathon. I put my Cami Ostman pants on and signed up for my first marathon! Thanks for being brave enough to run and share your life with us!

Cami Ostman said...

Thanks for the comment, Melody! I'm happy to hear you're in an inspired place, and I hope to see you at a race sometime! All the best.