Monday, March 3, 2008

First time blogging my training

Welcome to my blog. I'm training for marathon number three in my pursuit to run seven marathons on seven continents. I'll be running the Whidbey Island marathon in April. Runners' World said it's one of the must-run marathons of 2008 - supposed to be as green as they get with very little carbon footprint!

Yesterday I did my 15-mile training run. The morning started out warm, but a cold front arrived just as I suited up to start my run (of course). Even so, I trudged my way through and had a great time. I feel like my fitness level may finally be increasing when 15 miles leaves me spry and energetic. We'll see how I feel at my 17-mile run the week after next.

I welcome comments from anyone running the seven continents. My husband and I have done Europe (Prague) and Australia (Mudgee). I'd like to know your experiences and get your suggestions for 'thons in South America, Asia and Africa.

See you on the trail!

No comments: